Those of you following my “All You Can Eat Diet” know that one of the key features is that you can eat as many vegetables as you like at any time of the day. In other words “All You Can Eat” vegetables.
They are a good source of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, fibre and they help to fill you up.
After 2 weeks on my diet I always notice a dramatic increase in energy levels. I just feel different and have more energy to do things I never would have gotten around to. Other clients i train have also noticed this. Your getting fantastic results dropping massive amounts of bodyfat, yet your also feeling better due to the fact your eating properly and your energy levels have increased.
I’m always looking to improve the training I provide. One of the tips I have come up with is to make a Smoothie instead of cooking your vegetables.
It’s quick, has virtually no mess, easy to make, and fills you up. Not to mention the health benefits. You can put an entire days worth of vegetables in it and drink it. Easy and convenient. Ive become a big fan. Nearly everyday i make a different smoothie – Green Smoothies, vitamin c smoothies, breakfast smoothies.
I’m going to be writing an in-depth article on Blenders, How to Make a Smoothie, and a Few Recipes shortly. Ive outgrown my $50 Kambrook blender and theres plenty out there to choose from.
For now heres a few benefits of Green Smoothies:
1. Green smoothies are healthier than fruit or vegetable juices. Extracting juice you get vitamins and minerals but no fiber. Smoothies are made using the whole fruit/vegetable, so you get all the fiber in your drink.
2. Green smoothies give you fantastic nutrition. The amount of vitamins you’ll get depends on what you choose, however, most fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins A and C.
3. Green smoothies are a great way to eat your veggies without even realizing it. Although most people like fruit, many have trouble getting their daily requirement of veggies. When you make a green smoothie, the taste of the greens is hidden by the taste of the fruit, so you don’t even notice the veggies are there.
4. Green smoothies are easy and quick to make. You only NEED A GOOD BLENDER
5. They are cheap to make at home. How much are they in a shop? $6- $8
6. They can be a good way to get kids to “eat” their vegetables. Start with a higher proportion of fruit to vegies until the kids get used to the taste.
7. They provide you with a lasting source of energy. Fruits are a good source of energy, but eaten alone will only provide short bursts of energy (they contain lots of sugars, which are quickly metabolized). Because of their high content of veggies, green vegetable smoothies have a balanced sugar content.
8. Green smoothies are low in calories and very filling. Because they contain high amounts of water and fiber, they’ll make you feel as if you just ate a full meal. If you’re trying to lose weight, green smoothies will help fight hunger and cravings while the fat burns off. This is one of the main features of my “ALL YOU CAN EAT DIET”
9. They will keep you hydrated. Doctors recommend you should drink at least eight glasses of water a day, however, most people don’t even drink half that. I recommend to my clients to put 8 glasses out on the kitchen table every night and make sure you fill and drink each one of them during the day. Many people simply don’t like the taste of plain water. If that sounds like you, simply add more water to the mix as you prepare your smoothie. You’ll be drinking more liquids without even noticing it.